Are you craving a delicious cake but don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen?
We have good news!
A low-carb mug cake is the best option for those busy days where you have a long to-do list. But also if you don't have enough patience to wait for 30 minutes for a regular cake!
By following this recipe, in 5 minutes you'll enjoy this amazing keto chocolate treat and, here comes the best part:
You will only use one mug. Yep.
All the steps are done in the same mug so you don't have to clean up all those dishes after. We know this makes you happy ☺️ (unless you love doing dishes!)
For this recipe, you'll need 4 squares of one of our keto dark chocolate bars and 5 more ingredients you probably have in your keto pantry: almond flour, one egg, erythritol, unsweetened almond (or coconut) milk, and coconut oil (or ghee, butter). You can also make this keto mug cake with coconut flour but you might need to adjust the quantity.
This mug cake is sugar-free, low-carb, keto, gluten-free - and delicious. An excellent sweet treat if you are in ketosis or starting on a keto diet.
Now you have one recipe but plenty of possibilities!
What are the net carbs of this mug cake recipe?
This keto mug cake recipe contains 3g net carbs. But beware that this also depends on the brands and which ingredients you are going to use. To be sure, you can make this calculation at home. It's super simple. If you don't know how to calculate net carbs, check this article where we explain how.
Tip: Our keto dark chocolate coconut bar has only 2.5 net carbs (for this recipe, you'll only need half of the bar which is about 1.2g net carb). If you use pure erythritol as sweetener, remember you don't need to count the carbs from erythritol.
Easy keto chocolate mug cake
- 4 squares of your favourite Funky Fat Foods's keto chocolate bar (we used the Coconut one)
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of erythritol
- 1 teaspoon of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 egg
- Melt the chocolate squares and the coconut oil using a microwave. Yes, inside de mug! 15-20 seconds will work.
- Then, let them cool a bit and add the egg while beating.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Put the mug into the microwave 1 minute and 30 seconds at 800W.
And Ding! Your Funky Fat Keto Chocolate Mug Cake is ready.
Let us know in the comments below if you liked this recipe or check out our many other delicious keto recipes.