Disclaimer: This recipe and the accompanying images were created by Simona Zucca from @delicamara
- 140gr ground almonds (almond flour).
- 90gr coconut flour (coconut flour)
- 30gr cassava starch (tapioca starch)
- 25 gr erythritol
- 80/90 grams of quality lard (softened lard) at room temperature spikes to taste: cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg powder. Or 2/3 drops of EO (powder or EO, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
- zest of one orange or 5 drops of orange EO (orange zest or orange EO)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (tsp baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (tsp vinegar)
- pinch of salt (salt)
- To bathe them : 50gr Funky chocolate + 1 tbsp coconut oil (tbsp coconut oil)
- Mix the dry ingredients, also the powdered spices.
- Add 80gr of butter. You can use a spatula but hands are best 🙌🏻.
- Add then the vinegar and the drops of EO. Mix again. If very dry parts remain incorporate the additional 10gr of butter.
- Pour the dough on plastic wrap. Close it and give it a round and elongated shape. Put the roll in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out the roll and cut it into medallions, about 1 finger wide.
- Bake the polvorones for 12/14 minutes in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. It is normal that the polvorones are still soft until they cool down.
- Melt in a bain-marie 40gr of chocolate with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Dip the polvorones and leave them on a wire rack. You can put them in the freezer for a few minutes to help harden the chocolate.🍫
We hope you liked this recipe as much as we did! In case you did, our website has way more delicious recipes, so check it out!