Holidays are around the corner, the most magical time of the year! If you’re planning on staying low-carb this season, we’ve got you our top 5 Keto Holiday Desserts to try and enjoy. They’re great as a treat or as a snack. You can also put them on the table as the holiday dessert during the festive days to share and enjoy them with your loved ones.
1 - Sugar-free chocolate bark
This sugar-free chocolate bark is perfect for winter festivities. It’s very easy to make, and very wintery and cozy. Also, you can batch-make it and then store it in the fridge to have it ready to eat.
It’s a very versatile and personalizable recipe since you can do it however you want. You can combine as many chocolate flavors as you want and you can add all your favorite topics. We’ll show you our favorite way to make it, but keep in mind you can customize it to your taste or even to your guests' liking.
For the ingredients for this bark, you’ll need:
- 2 bars of Funky Fat Dark Chocolate
- 2 bars Funky Fat Coconut Chocolate
- 4 squares of Funky Fat white chocolate
- Extra toppings: nuts, berries, coconut pieces, etc.
How to make the sugar-free chocolate bark:
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- Melt the Dark Chocolate in the Microwave.
- Spread the chocolate onto the baking tray with a spatula or spoon.
- Place in the fridge for 5-7 minutes to set.
- In two separate bowls, melt the Coconut chocolate and the White chocolate.
- Remove the slightly hardened chocolate from the fridge, then pour the Coconut chocolate on top.
- Drop some white chocolate on top of the Coconut chocolate.
- With a chopstick, move it through the surface of the bark, swirling it all over.
- Sprinkle with the topping you fancy (we chose coconut pieces and cranberries).
- place in the fridge until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut, enjoy, and share with the people you love.
2- Sugar-Free White Chocolate Peppermint Martini
Did you know that white chocolate, gin, and peppermint are the perfect match? That’s exactly why you’ll love this sugar-free white chocolate peppermint Martini this holiday season. This little cocktail will be the perfect dessert after a heavy meal or just the perfect afternoon drink to enjoy with your loved ones.
There’s also an alcohol-free option in case you’re not drinking so you’ll be able to enjoy it too!
For the ingredients, to make 1 drink you’ll need:
- A few ice cubes
- 25ml of vodka or gin
- 5 squares of Funky Fat White Chocolate
- Few drops of Peppermint extract
- Splash of heavy cream to taste
- Optional sugar-free sprinkles
Now let’s dive into the making:
- Melt the white chocolate in a water bath.
- Add some ice cubes to a Martini glass.
- Pour the gin/vodka.*
- Add the heavy cream, the melted White Chocolate, and drops of Peppermint extract.
- Mix slowly and enjoy!
*For the alcohol-free version, just swipe the gin/vodka with any vegetable milk, such as almond milk. Feel free to add 2 drops of sugar-free aroma rum to the milk.
3- White Chocolate Nougat Classic
As you can see, we’re big fans of white chocolate here! This White Chocolate Nougat Classic won’t let anybody be indifferent, trust us. It’s quick and easy to make, and again, you can batch-make it in advance, store it in the fridge, and have it ready for when your guests arrive.
For the ingredients, you’ll need:
- 100g of Funky Fat Choc White
- 1 tbsp of hazelnut cream
- 1 tbsp of goji berries
- 50g of Funky Fat Choc Dark
- 1 tsp of sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
How to make sugar-free white chocolate nougat classic:
- Melt the white chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Once it’s melted, place half of it into a mold and let it cool in the fridge. Save the other half for later.
- Mix the maple syrup with the goji berries and once the chocolate has hardened a bit, place it on top.
- Add the hazelnut cream.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add it on top.
- Add the other half of the melted white chocolate.
- Let it cool down in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
4- Keto Hot Chocolate
Winter and cold weather equals lots of hot chocolate, that’s a statement. And what could be better than a sugar-free low-carb hot chocolate? No blood sugar crashes or feeling bad after drinking it. Plus, for this recipe you can pick any of our 5 Funky Fat Choc Flavors, you can even mix them!
To make this delicious keto hot chocolate, you’ll need:
- 1 bar of Funky Fat Choc of your choosing (or 2 halves if you want to combine).
- 1 cup whole milk (or milk of your choosing).
- Topping: pumpkin spice, cinnamon, or cacao are great to sprinkle on top.
Let’s dive into the instructions:
- Melt the bar of Funky Fat Chocs using the bain-marie technique.
- Warm up the milk and pour it into a blender. Warm, not hot.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the blender and blend.
- Some foam should form, otherwise, you can make your own and add it on top.
- If you want to add any topping we recommend: Keto marshmallows on top, sugar-free Pumpkin Spice pumps, cacao powder on top cinnamon on top, or More melted chocolate drizzled.
5- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Chocolate and peanut butter are one of the most iconic (and delicious) combinations ever. So it’s no surprise that these chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are exquisite. They will work perfectly as a dessert, but they also go well with a coffee as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. You can batch-make them as well and store them in the fridge to have them ready to enjoy with your coffee or tea after a holiday meal. These delicious treats will cure your cravings and keep you satisfied for several hours. They’re everything you want in a dessert or snack.
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- Optional: add your favorite sweetener to the mix. We used 1 1/2 tsp of Stevia
- Optional: add a few cacao nibs for crunchiness
How to make keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs:
- Melt the coconut oil for approx. 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix the shredded coconut, melted coconut oil, cacao powder, and peanut butter in a bowl.
- Add the cacao nibs, if you like, and the sweetener to the mix and taste it. If needed, add a bit more sweetener.
- Grab a mold of your choice and pour the mix equally. Add some extra peanut butter to top it up if you feel like it.
- Store it in the fridge for 45 min - 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you feel like these 5 keto desserts for the holiday season weren’t enough, you can check the article we did last year giving you some ideas for the Christmas desserts. And if you need even more inspiration, don’t forget to check all our recipes on our website.