This white version of the classic (dark) chocolate mousse is to die for! The consistency is light and fluffy making it a very light keto snack or dessert treat. And yet another creative way to use the last white chocolate bar in your pantry.
For this recipe, you'll only need eggs, 1 Funky Fat Whte Chocolate bar, chia seeds and cream of tartar. For toppings, you choose: crunchy high-fat nuts like pistachios or almonds or a low-carb fruit like strawberries or raspberries. Or a mix! The sky is the limit.
This mousse is sugar-free, low-carb, keto, gluten-free - and delicious. It was made by Eli Camara from Chocolate & Avocado. You can also find this recipe in Spanish on her blog.
Tip: Prep this recipe the day before because it needs to rest on the fridge overnight.
Makes 4 servings
- 50g Funky Fat White Chocolate
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- Put the container where you're going to mount the whites in the fridge a little bit before you start. Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the whites with a half teaspoon of cream of tartar until they are about to snow. Reserve it in the fridge.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie. Let it cool. This is important because if it's warm, then when you mix it with the egg yolk - it would cook. If you don't want to wait, put the bowl of melted chocolate on top of some ice and stir until cool. Do not wait for too much or else it will be difficult to mix with the egg.
- Beat the yolk and gradually incorporate the chocolate, already tempered, while stirring. Add the two tablespoons of chia seeds.
- With the help of a spatula, incorporate the egg whites to the mixture of chocolate and egg yolk.
- When everything is well mixed, pour the dough into the moulds. You can decorate with red fruits, cocoa nibs, sprinkle ground nuts. Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
Dejar un comentario
Todos los comentarios se revisan antes de su publicación.
Este sitio está protegido por reCAPTCHA y se aplican la Política de privacidad de Google y los Términos del servicio.