Disclaimer: This recipe and its accompanying images were created by @enjoyjavy. Full video of recipe here.
Forget the tricks, and treat yourself with these delicious & vegan Fall-inspired muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup keto-friendly sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons Javy Coffee Concentrate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Funky Fat Food chocolate, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners or grease the muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, keto-friendly sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground ginger.
- Ensure that the dry ingredients are well combined. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, canned pumpkin puree, Javy Coffee Concentrate, unsweetened almond milk, melted coconut oil (or butter), and pure vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay. Gently fold in the crushed chocolate into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (not batter).
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
(prepare once the base is ready and at room temperature)
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweetener or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all filling ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low-medium heat until thickened.
- Let it cool down and then pour it onto the base.