Disclaimer: This recipe was created by Simona from @trustnocarb as well as the accompanied images.
Whether you’re on a sugar-free diet, you want to get more protein, or you just need a filling keto snack, bars are an easy and delicious way to supplement your diet.
If you’re buying protein bars at the store you might notice that it’s not always easy finding bars with clean ingredients. Many products contain sugar, various sweeteners and preservatives.
Remember that not all sweeteners are bad news. Check in this article our favorite sweeteners.
Oh, here are a few tips when you are buying true keto-friendly packaged foods.
Luckily, these protein keto bars are easy to make at home. These peanut butter bars have just 4 ingredients and take just minutes to make. Oh, and no stove or oven required!
INGREDIENTS (8 BARS)
- 50 gr almond flour
- 200 gr peanut or almond butter
- 40 gr whole roasted nuts
- 50 gr of your favorite Funky Fat Choc
- Parchment paper
- 20x30cm pan
- In a bowl mix the almond flour, nut butter, the nuts and half of the Funky Fat bar, chopped.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Line a 20x30cm pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and press firmly in place.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Once firm, use a sharp, wet knife, and cut into 8 bars.
- Melt the remaining Funky Fat Choc half, and drizzle a coat of chocolate on top of the bars.
- Enjoy your keto, sugar-free healthy protein bars as a keto snack or even keto breakfast 💪
NOTES FOR THIS RECIPE
Once firm, you can store your bars in the freezer, into an airtight container. They keep well for up to 3 months.
Feel free to adjust the recipe to your tastes. You can use all the nuts you want and combine them.
Use your favorite flavor of Funky Fat Choc, or use a different one for the final coating.
For extra benefits, you can add a scoop of powdered Collagen.
More recipes you may like: