Disclaimer: This recipe and the accompanying images were created by @myreeth
Delicious and nutritious easy sugar-free chocolate sponge cake are made with only 2 ingredients. It's lactose-free and super fluffy!
- 5 eggs from happy hens.
- 150 gr (3 bars) of Funky Fat Choc Dark
- Optional: vanilla or sweetener to your taste (erythritol, agave, syrup, amazake, etc).
- Beat the egg whites very well (until stiff) and the egg yolks (at least until they double in size).
- Melt the chocolate (in a bain-marie or in the microwave) and add it to the yolks, being careful not to let it go too low. If we want to sweeten or add a little vanilla, now is the time!
- When we have the yolks and chocolate mixture, carefully fold it into the egg whites in two or three batches.
- It is very important that the egg whites remain as firm as possible. The cake will not be as fluffy if they reduce their volume too much. The firmer they are, the fluffier the cake will be.
- Place in the baking pan of your choice and bake in a bain-marie oven at 180° for 40/45 minutes.
As simple as that. Give it a try and let us know how it goes!