In need of a low carb dessert treat that is high in protein and healthy fats, and with a delicious coffee taste?
Then these good-looking mocha toffee bars might be just it. They are super easy to make and no baking required. These protein bars are not just only low carb but also vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Made with KetoCacao by Anouk Goedegebuur. Check her out for more delicious recipes 😍
(Makes 2 bars)
- 60g sugar-free peanut butter (the thick, creamy kind)
- 8g coconut oil
- 25g low-carb syrup (in this recipe she used a toffee flavoured low-carb syrup)
- 25g protein powder vanilla (preferably a whey-casein blend)
- 40g chopped nuts
- Pinch of salt
- 1 KetoCacao Coffee bar
Top tip: Make sure the peanut butter is sugar-free and 100% natural, aka not mixed with vegetable oils or other junk. Same thing for the low carb syrup and protein powder you choose.
- Line something like the lower part of a lunchbox or other square mould with foil.
- In a large bowl, add the nut butter, coconut oil, and low-carb syrup. Microwave for 10-15 seconds and then stir until smooth and combined. Add in the vanilla protein powder, chopped nuts and salt, and stir until everything is combined and you have a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the mould, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After refrigerating, cut the chilled dough in two bars and start to prepare the KetoCacao Coffee drizzle.
- Melt the KetoCacao Coffee bar (use the double boiling method or microwave) until smooth.
- Place the melted KetoCacao Coffee bar in a plastic bag, cut off one corner and drizzle over the bars. Refrigerate to set the chocolate quickly.
Enjoy immediately or store them in the refrigerator. These bars are best eaten within 2 weeks.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.