Disclaimer: This recipe and the accompanying images were created by @anoukgdgbuur
Makes 2 bars
- 60g sugar-free peanut butter (the thick, creamy kind)
- 8g coconut oil
- 25g low-carb syrup (in this recipe she used a toffee-flavoured low-carb syrup)
- 25g protein powder vanilla (preferably a whey-casein blend)
- 40g chopped nuts
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Funky Fat Coffee Chocolate
- Line something like the lower part of a lunchbox or other square mould with foil.
- In a large bowl, add the nut butter, coconut oil, and low-carb syrup. Microwave for 10-15 seconds and then stir until smooth and combined. Add in the vanilla protein powder, chopped nuts and salt, and stir until everything is combined and you have a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the mould, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After refrigerating, cut the chilled dough in two bars and start to prepare the Funky Fat Coffee Chocolate
- Melt the Funky Fat Coffee Chocolate bar (use the double boiling method or microwave) until smooth.
- Place the melted Funky Fat Coffee Chocolate bar in a plastic bag, cut off one corner and drizzle over the bars. Refrigerate to set the chocolate quickly.
Enjoy immediately or store them in the refrigerator. These bars are best eaten within 2 weeks.