Disclaimer: This recipe and the accompanying images were created by Simona Zucca from @delicamara
These coconut biscuits are satiating but at the same time very light. They are low in carbohydrates and you only need 4 ingredients to make them!
- 200gr shredded coconut
- 20gr erythritol (or sweetener of your choice)
- 4 egg whites
- optionally you can add 1 tsp cream of tartar to whip the egg whites (cream of tartar, optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 25gr Funky Fat Foods Dark Chocolate
- Whip the egg whites together with the salt until stiff. Add the erythritol.
- Add the shredded coconut and stir carefully with a spatula.
- Form the macaroons and place them on a tray lined with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake at 150º for 15 minutes. Then lower it to 130º for 20 more minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- When the macaroons have cooled, take them carefully and introduce them into the chocolate. Place them on a rack on their sides, until the chocolate solidifies or store them in the fridge to solidify faster.
For the full-step video click here!