Disclaimer: This recipe and the accompanying images were created by Simona Zucca from @delicamara
These delicious Funky Fat Polvorones are fun to make and extremely delicious!
They have cassava starch in them, but the approximate amount of starch per polvoron is 1,2gr. So yes, they are keto!
We hope you'll enjoy making this recipe.
- 140gr ground almonds (almond flour).
- 90gr coconut flour (coconut flour)
- 30gr cassava starch (tapioca starch)
- 25 gr erythritol
- 80/90 grams of quality lard (softened lard) at room temperature spikes to taste: cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg powder. Or 2/3 drops of EO (powder or EO, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
- zest of one orange or 5 drops of orange EO (orange zest or orange EO)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (tsp baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (tsp vinegar)
- pinch of salt (salt)
- To bathe them : 50gr Funky chocolate + 1 tbsp coconut oil (tbsp coconut oil)
- Mix the dry ingredients, also the powdered spices.
- Add 80gr of butter. You can use a spatula but hands are best 🙌🏻.
- Add then the vinegar and the drops of EO. Mix again. If very dry parts remain incorporate the additional 10gr of butter.
- Pour the dough on plastic wrap. Close it and give it a round and elongated shape. Put the roll in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out the roll and cut it into medallions, about 1 finger wide.
- Bake the polvorones for 12/14 minutes in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. It is normal that the polvorones are still soft until they cool down.
- Melt in a bain-marie 40gr of chocolate with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Dip the polvorones and leave them on a wire rack. You can put them in the freezer for a few minutes to help harden the chocolate.🍫
We hope you liked this recipe as much as we did! In case you did, our website has way more delicious recipes, so check it out!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.