This recipe was created by Evy from @the.healthy.parent as well as the accompanying images.
These Keto Almond Butter Cups will soothe your sweet tooth without knocking you out of ketosis. One almond butter cup has a total of 1 gram of net carbs and fits perfectly into a ketogenic diet.
– 2 bars sugar-free dark chocolate (3.5 oz or 100g in total)
– 3 tablespoons coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons almond butter or any nut butter you prefer
– 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
– Pinch of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line up 8 small cup papers on a plate.
- Break the chocolate bars into pieces and melt in a double boiler, also add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, this will help to keep the chocolate smooth and prevent clotting. (A double boiler also called ‘bain marie’ is a pot of water filled with water heated on the stove, with a smaller pot inserted in the water in which you’ll add the chocolate to melt.)
- Once the chocolate is melted, fill up the bottom of the cup papers. Put the plate with the cups in the freezer and let the chocolate harden.
- In the meantime prepare the almond butter.
- In a small pot, add the almond butter, erythritol, one tablespoon of coconut oil, salt and vanilla extract. Let everything melt together on low heat.
- Take the chocolate out of the freezer when it’s not liquid anymore and add the almond butter mixture on top.
- Place the cup back in the freezer until they harden.
- Add another layer of chocolate on top and place in the freezer or fridge until the cups are firm.
- Store them in the fridge to prevent them melting at room temperature.
Other blogs you might enjoy: