Is a sugar-free Halloween possible? October is the season of “trick or treat”, parties in costumes, and candies everywhere.
Do you find bonbons scarier than skeletons and monsters?
Are you haunted by candies in the supermarket?
Don’t! Make sure your Halloween is sugar-free with a few tricks.
HOW TO ORGANIZE A SUGAR-FREE HALLOWEEN PARTY
If you are hosting a party, it’s easy to keep 𝚟̶𝚊̶𝚖̶𝚙̶𝚒̶𝚛̶𝚎̶𝚜̶ sugary products away.
Transform all your favorite recipes into Halloween-themed sugar-free recipes.
Decide your menu. Get all the groceries. Remember that hosting a party is no joke, so ask for help from your family or friends.
How to get a scary sugar-free Halloween party:
Make sure your food recalls Halloween colors:
Orange, black, and purple are the most popular for this particular night.
- Fill the table with tomatoes, pumpkins, bell peppers, eggplants, blueberries, sesame seeds, black olives, blackberries and of course chocolate!
- Focus on seasonal products, pumpkins first of all. Enrich your usual recipes with pumpkin and you won’t regret it.
- Use your creativity to make your own spooky snacks! Search for inspirations in shops, restaurants, magazines and on the Funky Fat Foods blog 😉.
- Get some Halloween ornaments! Make your party the scariest in the neighborhood.
- Don’t forget the drinks! Make sure you have plenty of sugar-free beverages.
TRICKS TO STAY SUGAR-FREE AT A HALLOWEEN PARTY
Here are a few tricks to not let the sugars play any trick on you while attending a Halloween party!
- Make sure your host knows about your diet preference. Not everybody is familiar with the ketogenic diet. Still, most people don’t know that certain products contain sugar. Give the host indications for some sugar-free snacks. Help the host choose some alternatives that also other guests will love.
- Another option is to bring some healthy options to the party. In agreement with the host, bring a few healthy snacks, to share with the other guests.
- Make sure you are not attending the party on an empty stomach. Before you leave your house, have a nourishing snack. In this way, you will be less tempted to devour a full bowl of chips.
TRICKS TO BEAT THE CANDIES
I get it. The supermarkets are now full of candies, chocolates, and confectionery. You might be tempted to buy some, for yourself, or for your friends and/or children.
If your intention is to resist all of this, try to make some changes this year.
- Have always a healthy treat with you. This effective trick will help you avoid sugary products. Our Funky Fat Foods chocolates are filling both your stomach and a small purse! They won’t take up too much space in your bag/pocket!
- Find a few yummy, nourishing replacements that you can have for yourself and your friends, instead of those sugar candies!
- Make your own healthy treats, using sugar-free ingredients.
IDEAS FOR SCARY, SUGAR-FREE TREATS TO GIVE AWAY TO CHILDREN
This year, why don’t you give away some healthy and sugar-free treats? Here are some sugar-free yet yummy products perfect for Trick-or-Treating.
- Funky Fat Foods chocolates: our chocolates are keto-friendly, vegan, without hidden carbs and tricky ingredients.
- Sugar-free candies: on the market, you can find some candies with no sugar. Don’t trust the packaging, but make sure to read the nutritional label to verify that no unhealthy sweeteners are listed (here are the ones we recommend).
- Small bags with nuts: nuts are a great snack and energy-refill on the go. A cool idea is to get some small bags and fill them with a variety of nuts.
Enjoy your Halloween, whether it will be totally sugar-free or if you indulge in some candies.
And remember: when you are surrounded by filling, healthy products, sugary treats won’t be able to trick you.
Other blogs you might enjoy:
8 Sugar-free Treats for Halloween
- 5 delicious keto chocolate recipes for Christmas