Disclaimer: This recipe and the accompanying images were created by Simona Zucca from @trustnocarb
Celebrate this Easter in the healthiest way, with this Sugar-free Chocolate egg! The recipe is easier than you think. Ready to meld some chocolate?
By using our Funky Fat Choc, you will have a delicious sugar-free, vegan, keto-friendly, low-carb Easter egg. Use the flavour you prefer, and feel free to mix 2 or more flavours.
This idea is a lovely gift idea for Easter!
(FOR 1 EASTER EGGS)
- 2 bars (100 gr) Funky Fat Foods Chocolate
- 1 heatproof bowl
- 1 saucepan
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
- 1 egg mold
- 1 spoon
- Start by breaking your Funky Fat Choc into chunks
- Half-fill a saucepan with warm water. Rest a heatproof bowl on top. Fill the bowl with the chopped chocolate, and wait for the chocolate to be totally melted.
- Spoon the chocolate into your mould, one tablespoon at a time, tilting the mould so the chocolate covers the surface. Don’t worry if you make a mess! Tip any excess chocolate back into the bowl.
- With a spoon, spread the chocolate into the whole surface of your egg mould. Don’t make a thick layer.
- Once the first layer is ready, repeat with the other half of the mould. Allow the moulds to rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until you have completed 3 layers of chocolate. After the last layer, allow the chocolate to rest for 15 minutes.
- With a delicate pressure, remove the egg from the moulds.
- At this point, you have 2 halves. You can fill your halves, or you can glue together the 2 halves and have a complete Easter egg!
How to glue together the 2 halves:
- Before you are going to combine the 2 halves, think if you wish to insert a small surprise inside!
- To glue your halves, spread the edges of the egg with some melted chocolate.There is no need to melt more chocolate, the remaining chocolate from the bowl is enough!
- Bring together the two halves, and squeeze them together for 30 seconds.
- Your Sugar-free Chocolate Easter egg is ready!
How to decorate the halves:
- Another way to enjoy your Easter egg is to fill it with a delicious filling. In this case, we are going to treat the halves like bowls!
- We filled our halves with Sugar-free Mascarpone spread.
- On top, we decorated it with sugar-free candies, strawberries, and homemade chocolates.
- Be creative, and make your own as you fancy.
A few ideas for the filling:
- Keto chocolate mousse
- Vegan Low-carb Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Tiramisu
- Keto low-carb White chocolate Mousse
Ideas for decoration:
Enjoy your healthy sugar-free Easter!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.